PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Son wants to be a Pilot.In the UK
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 00:09
Aerlingus121heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear Rich,

I have being looking at a few different flying schools which would be in line with my budget. I am in no position to be choosey..

Now i hav looked at many different options and have found one that i think might just work for me.

Starting with the ones that did not work:

Integrated course in oxford, cabair, FTE. : Expensive expensive

Modular route in the US: This is definitly a possibility, Alot cheaper than europes integrated course for example, $60,000 for zero to frozen ATPL in europeanflight training. But still, this wasint exactly what i was looking for as there are always so many hidden costs involved.

So i have decided to do it bit by bit simply!

Firstly, i will finish my PPL in US(jaa approved) then i will come back to europe and do all 14 atpl exams through bristol GS i would say! After, i will undertake the exciting task of hour building in order for me to meet the min requirements of 150 hrs for CPL (USA)(CHEAPER). I will hopefully, then start my CPL in US. After this, i will come back to europe and complete the IR and then probably follow that by an MCC & JOC course prob in oxford aviation acadamy or somewhere.

Now this road is by no means a quick route, probably quite alot longer than the integrated route but quite alot cheaper also.

Now, as your son is only 15, i suppose he has a few years to wait until he could undertake such a task!

From my calculations, this route costs between €45,000 to €50,000.

This is just a route iv decided, i hope it at least gives you and your son something to think about for the future.

Best of luck