PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 lost tail taxying DOH
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2009, 17:45
TheOldTimer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you blakmax, for the interesting input and the background technical information. I had always felt that with the new emerging composite structures that a important part of the structure, the glue and the efficiency of its bonding would have been well covered, maybe I need to expand my reading list.
The matter of the structure being affected climatically and the approach taken after events that could damage or reduce its load carrying capability is a matter I feel needing some attention. I feel myself that these structures need a regular form of inspection using a system that will be able to assess any degrade of its integrity. Certainly after an event that may have cause a weakness that could remain hidden for a number of years a more involved inspection should be required for the life of the structure.
The fact that after repair defects could spread under repeated loading and not be visible or seemingly detectable in the early stages using present methods is interesting. I am sure that JAA offer some advisory on this whole subject ?
I have just seen the snaps from Aser, I apologies to Crab, indeed the statement WTF seems to be well justified.

Thanks for your indulgence.