PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Long Haul Cabin Crew Surplus???
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2009, 04:06
mrpaxing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peggy 47 or should i say

the resident union rep.
i have stayed away because it is the same rant all the timebut i have to comment on the very silly statement the local union rep(pegasus 747)
makes above. Peggy 47 states...
"What they point to is what crew with all their major competitors get in terms of MBT etc. And even QCCA are still streets ahead of the competitors including Jet*. Of course BA is still the major exception but given they have just announced 2000 crew redundancies i would think that their time for change is on the way."
I think you need to either pay someone or actually talk to some of your union collegues in Europa/US/Asia to get the real picture.
1)[B] Most nation in the developed/emerging markets(Europa/US/Asia/SA) have flight duty limitations on an yearly/monthly/daily hours limit for cabin crew (or base their carriers rostering along those lines).
2) Irrespective of industrial agreements, flight duty limitations provide a balanced environment (LHR base tried to bypass these but were firmly put in place by CAA)
3)e.g You could not do a LAX-JFK-LAX shuttle under US FAA regs. of course our fearless leaders of the FAAA always ignored Flight duty limitations because MM/SR still think their industrial agreement are far superior.
4)NZ is the only other country in the region which has no FTL.