PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The VC 10
Thread: The VC 10
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2009, 17:38
Tercarley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont agree with you - obviously because I was one of those "arrogant" tech crews - as you put it. Make no mistake the BOAC service was not quite like SIA or the others you quote but it was a professional service as far as I was concerned in the air with Flight Deck and Cabin Crew and CRM hadnt even been spoken of then. Perhaps we seemed arrogant cos we were another handpicked lot. It was difficult to get into BOAC at the time, and some of the Captains could be heavy handed perhaps, but they had been used to wartime discipline.

Compare the CC to the ones you have today in BA and they were like chalk and cheese. Mind you the girls recruited for CC when I first joined the BOAC brand were real ladies, they were all handpicked for their manners and dare I say it "pedigrees"!!!!

I left BA in 1983 - took early retirement - when I became a computer name and number, the airline had completely changed. I went to SIA and have to say their service was good as Im sure Cathay etc is and was at the time. I dont think that Virgin is in quite the same league as SIA or Malaysian though.

Seeing the VC10 coming into Nairobi when it first started there one evening with its tail in blue and gold. Wonderful.

Last edited by Tercarley; 20th Aug 2009 at 17:53.