PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2009, 16:54
Standard Loading

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having re-read this thread, I came across a number of posts from Right Hand Rule (RHR) which range from being inaccurate to a blatant lie which does not reflect what happens in terms of service given to both FR and LS by Servisair and the Airport Authority, which I’m going to deal with in chronological order.

I have a feeling Jet2 are going to be even more annoyed when the aircraft stand allocations emerge for next summer, stands 9, 10 & 11 earmarked for Ryanair

Rumours at present, given the fact that the Airside Safety Unit (ASU – LBAs equivalent to Airside Ops) doesn’t have all of the airlines schedules so how can they plan aircraft parking and allocate stands already?

I'd like to see the airport cope with at least 7 Jet2 departures at a similar time, all on bussing stands with only 5 busses

Yes the busses are constantly in use however given the fact that there was a talk of a walkway all the way to stand 14 earlier this year, so why the Airport Authority won’t green light that I don’t know? Also its interesting for Jet2 to be saying there aren’t enough busses yet they are the same ones tying them up using them for a solitary passenger rather than applying some common sense and use one of their ramp cars to get them to THEIR a/c.

Ryanair already take preference now, like today Jet2 757 lands first, Ryanair 737 lands 15 minutes later, no guessing - the Ryanair bags were on the belt first resulting in the Jet2 passengers waiting an HOUR for their bags

Ok let’s deal with this a/c by a/c. After an LS 752 lands it can take up to 10mins before it’s chocked and Servisair can start getting bags off. Now an LS 757 can have between 170 and 220 bags on an inbound so we can safely say it can take 20 minutes before the first bags reach the belt. Even longer if the UK Border Force wishes to inspect the bags. And the last bag will not go on the belt for the next 15 minutes. So total time can be 40 to 45 minutes. For an FR 738 it can have anything from 20 to 120 bags, so half the bags half the time sounds like common sense to me?

If only the Jet2 self-handling included baggage!!

Don’t make me laugh, if Jet2 can’t even invest in its own Airstart Unit, and therefore having to call on Servisair to provide its Airstart Unit, why would it spend money on belt loaders, trolleys, tugs, training, oh, and not to mention getting DfT approval and all the gubbins that goes along with that?

It annoys a lot of people that Servisair will turn up to a Jet2 757, marshal it onto stand and get busses for the pax, then all of them sod off to do the Ryanair, once the Ryanair has pushed (some 25 minutes later) they come back to offload the bags from the Jet2 757, which now has a nice delay for the next flight

This is a lie if I ever heard one, under no circumstances has this ever happened, and nor will it ever happen, and I shall explain why. Every shift has approximately 10 to 12 teams, which varies due to temporary staff. Each team has two people to it so you can have 20 to 24 men plus a co-ordinator.

So what you are saying was that a 757 came onto a bus stand and 3 men (as 3 buses are needed for a 757) marshalled it onto stand, bussed the pax in, and then went to marshal the FR 738 in, grounded it, unloaded it, bussed the pax in, then re-loaded it and pushed it before returning to the LS 757 to unload it whilst the other 21 men did what exactly?

No what actually happened, known as the truth was 4 men were sent out to unload the a/c (2 for the front and 2 for the back) and three men on buses were sent out to bring the pax in, and two completely separate teams were responsible for turning the FR a/c.

most of the staff at LBA (Including Servisiar) are not looking forward to Ryanair

Work = Job = Money, simple eh?