PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurora Project
Thread: Aurora Project
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2009, 21:18
hoodie

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
But where are those photos, panda-k-bear?

I've followed that Boscombe Down story for years, in some detail, and have never seen the photos that you describe. Their existence is often claimed, but when challenged nobody quite seems able to find them...

It has often been discussed, with much plausibility, that the "object wrapped in tarpaulin" was actually the rolling dummy ship's flight deck device that had recently been moved from DRA Bedford.

Many of the other assertions in "RAF Boscombe Down's Black Day" don't stand up to much scrutiny, either. For example, the C-5's arrival was more than a few days later, and there is compelling evidence (from civil ATC) that it had been expected for some time, as it was returning UK aircraft from a trial on the other side of the Atlantic.

In fact, there seems to be no evidence whatsover that anything crashed at Boscombe in Sep 94; the whole thing seems to hinge on a Wilts police closure - in broad daylight, not at night - of the A road that passes under the 05 threshold, due to a recovering fast jet with a particularly sticky in-flight problem.

2+2=55, for much of the claims in that article.

"Aurora" may or may not exist - my guess is that something fascinating almost certainly does - but an incident at BD in September 1994? I don't think so.