PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2009, 00:19
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) I read that you might loose the US flying for a while. Does that look like it will happen, when? AAArrrgghhhh, LOSE. LOSE. LOSE. Not loose. Okay, now that's off my chest, yes, we will almost certainly stop the ORD flights. We are down to one per week at the moment and, in my experience, even then the USA loads are pretty crap. There is a lot of deadheading going on at the moment just to service that one flight and it really is a bit of a nonsense. It's a shame because the ANC/ORD trips we used to do were great fun and a good way of getting 6/7 days of work done in one fell swoop.

2)When it comes back, which US destinations are rumored? The only rumour I've heard is HNL. Again, this will be one per week, with a short layover in order that the same crew can bring the aircraft back to NRT. Who knows where when we get the 777....just kidding.

3) with 14 a/c planned, how many US destination will be served (hypothesies if you have to)? See Q2. Our services are not concentrated at all on America, so if it's only America you want to fly to, don't even bother downloading the application form. There's certain big guys like Fedex and UPS who have the States sewn up and I don't think the Japanese have any interest in trying to compete with such mammoth operations (even if the USA's monopolyptic laws allowed them to). The plan, as it stands, is to serve Asia with a more centralised operation working through Okinawa, so forget the USA.

4) How many current pilots and how many planned? They are all current and all are planned to be so. Sorry, its morning and I'm feeling sarcastic We presently have about 85ish pilots. We have not been given any firm figures and I don't KNOW the planning figures but, at a guess, I would say in the region of 150-160 planned. Before I get flamed, I'll explain my thinking. We have 7 aircraft at the moment (4 x F and 3 x BCF) and approx 85 pilots. The scheduling guys are saying that's not enough pilots (), so let's say they wanted 90 pilots to crew 7 aircraft. The plan is to have 12 aircraft, hence the number above. Now, I'm sure there are 'savings' to be made when the number of pilots hits critical mass, so it may well prove to be fewer than that. To me, 150 sounds about right. But, as I've said, this is pure speculation on my part and should not be used in trying to plan your life.

5) How many current a/c? See Q4.

Last edited by Fratemate; 17th Aug 2009 at 02:27.