PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2009, 14:18
Runway 32/14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its a cruel world dog eat dog and all that, but Ryanair have no choice they have too many aircraft coming into an over supplied market, something has to give and they have clout and cash
Well if that is truely the case, why cant Ryanair moth ball some aircraft, or stop buying new once that are mortgage to the hilt.

Having "too many aircraft" is down to bad management and forward planning, but it sounds like "Bull poo" to me, as O'leary is only basing a couple or three aircraft, so how is that too many!!! where do some people get their facts from or these very strange ideas

It will only be a matter of days before a Ryanair aircraft turns up with bye bye Jet2 and on pricing they will go for the jugular, they don't need to take all Jet2 traffic, they just need to make the flights (that Jet2) operate at a loss.
Why would anyone ever want to fly with an airline that is hellbent on destroying another airline, if what you are saying has any sense in it, once "Jet2" have been forced out by Ryanair, then Ryanair would have the full monopoly at LBA and that would lead to Ryanair increasing their prices....

Sound absolutely riddiculous to me, besides, jet2 are alot healthier and stronger than some people think.
I would hope that the owners of LBA would expect and demand fair play between rival airlines, and i would hope that they too could be as loyal and rewarding as Jet2 have been for LBA, and wouldnt allow a new boy on the block to push their weight around.......

Last edited by Runway 32/14; 14th Aug 2009 at 14:45.