PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2009, 10:11
Union Jack

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
I would defend it this way. Drift in the Navigational sense is caused by the wind and I would argue that the Post War, and this would more than encompass Air travel, was a product of the winds of change that were brewed in the cauldron of World War 2. Gaining a brevet in WW2 was one of the keys to the door of the classroom to enable us to participate in this period and thus gain a greater knowledge of how to navigate this later period more safely and therefore bestows a right to make this knowlege and experience available to others, eager to put it to the best of uses. The Defence rests!
I am delighted to have unintentionally provoked such a masterly and truly Churchillian response, and a great defence indeed although - as I suspect you already know from our PMs! - none is needed since my specific hope was precisely to ensure that all your, and Cliff's et al, wonderful stories are indeed kept in the one place.

Out of respect for you, and "for the avoidance of doubt", as you lawyers would say, I have therefore amended the PS in my original post to make it less nautical and more historical.

With very best wishes

Jack