PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 12th Aug 2009, 11:49
Grass strip basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can never quite get my head around why people post on here saying "just out of training what shall I do now??".... surely the answer is obvious... get a job.... any job.... if you have debt to pay make sure you pay it and if you are not totally pissed off with aviation yet try your best to stay current for when the pick-up in the market comes (2, 3, 4 years down the line... however long it may be).... why is that so hard to work out on your own??

If you need help to work that out then sorry you must be an idiot. Having read this thread from beginning to end I can't see why anyone thought the reponses were harsh... the answer to the question was bloody obvious to anyone with half a brain and had been in training for 12-18 months..... maybe I have just forgotten how niave I was when I was 20 years old.

The original "downturn is upon us" thread was started nearly 2 years ago so the writing was on the wall late 07 early 08. As such people starting training post that date don't deserve much sympathy.