PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 12th Aug 2009, 01:04
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes you are right, and the purpose of these observations and comments, is not to disparage somebodies dreams or ambitions. I would say if you want it and you can afford it then go for it. The schools need the business, and those they employ need to maintain their own livelihoods. I would say the same thing if your burning ambition was to own a Ferrari as well!

The problem is that a lot of people truly cannot afford it, and there is a perception in some quarters that all it takes is the courage to take on enormous debt, or convince a relative to take on enormous debt, and everything will fall into place. Fortune favours the brave and all the cliches that blinker the often painful realities.

These comments are simply an attempt to provide a reality check, before writing out a cashiers cheque! As I say if you want, it, can afford it, and can accept the likely reality, then go for it! If you cannot afford it or cannot accept the reality, then the choice is still yours. Ignoring warning and danger signs, is not sufficient justification for not putting them up in the first place.