PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 6th Aug 2009, 09:43
wangus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only speak for myself when I say any opinions I express are not meant to be derrogatory nor disrespectful. I only want people undertaking this route to have their eyes WIDE OPEN. WWW tried to warn us, I wish I'd listened!! One thing I can guarantee is that 99% of schools are going to say is "there has never been a better time to train." Are they going to say anything else???? They have aircraft sat doing nothing. Fees to pay. Finances to pay. More and more groundschool providers are appearing monthly. Sim assesment preparation session providers advertising. They are all screaming for our money, and it is understandable.
Last week at work, a senior captain asked me how the jobhunt was going. I responded, a nightmare. His response was "No, the nightmare begins when you get a job and realise it wasn't what you expected it to be."
Paying Ryanair 30,000 Euros for a 15,000 Euro type rating a positive?? I'm NOT disagreeing, but slightly unclear on that one. As I don't have 30,000 it is not something I can even consider.
Good luck everyone.