PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Engine Fire System Question
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2009, 16:53
Butter side-up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Fargoo

Thanks for the reply.

I thought that the system set up was as you described - until I read the following in the Electrical Supply section of the Fire Protection chapter in the systems manual that we have:

BTL 1 SQUIB A - HOT 1
BTL 1 SQUIB B - HOT 2
BTL 2 SQUIB A - DC 2
BTL 2 SQUIB B - DC 2

Here it talks about BTL 1 having squib A and squib B - and similarly for bottle 2.

This is why I am confused - does each fire bottle have two squibs (if so, why need two)?

Or does each engine have two squibs - EACH of which could discharge bottle 1 or bottle 2 for that engine? If so, is the above saying that the firing mechanism for the squib to fire into bottle 1 is suppplied of separate HOT buses, whereas the firing mechanism for the squib to fire into bottle 2 is supplied by the DC bus? Which squib is used when you fire the Agent 1 switch in the flight deck into a particular engine - squib A or squib B? Does it depend on whether Agent 2 has been fired (out of sequence) into that engine? Is squib A always the first to be fired? So many questions!!!

It seems amazing that there is not an Airbus diagram to illustrate this!

Any thoughts?

Thanks for taking an interest. Life goes on - but I would like to get to the bottom of this in time.

Peter