PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 29th Jul 2009, 16:12
G-ADAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Jetzup,

well the answer is... I don't actually know! This course is still in it's infancy and in fact, my year is the first year that the course has ever run. There is currently a course one year behind us with twelve students in the class and there were twenty in ours. There is a new intake (2 classes) starting in September and there should be about 40 ish new students.

Once my year has finished then we will have at least some statistics but given the intellectual ability of some on my course, I don't think more than about half will get flying jobs! Who knows though. Given the current job market, or lack of it, I don't think many of us will gain employment as aircrew any time soon but I'll keep you updated if we do!

The course itself is aimed at people who ultimately want to end up in the right-hand seat of an airliner but I know of one person who is just doing it for the degree. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to 'advertise' the course in this thread but if you want more info, check the Cabair website it's all on there

Hope that helps!