PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates A345 Tail Strike Captain breaks his silence
Old 24th Jul 2009, 05:40
MTOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GMDS, I suspect you misread what I was trying to say. In short, I believe we both hold exactly the same opinions of TC's rather 'unusual' decision to put the resting crew about as far away from the cockpit as is possible, particlarly with EK's use of a three man crew.

No reflection on the abilities of my FOs, but I pray to God I never find myself the bunny who's signed for the aircraft and unable to get back to the cockpit until it's far too late to have any say in what immediate course of action should be taken after a major emergency.

There's only one thing certain: some poor sod of an EK captain WILL one day find himself in that situation, as sure as God made little apples.

Oh, and of course the other certainty - that the outcome, if not perfect, will be 'spun' to high heaven by the EK PR machine to ensure no ca ca adheres to EK. I leave it to the imagination of the reader as to who the ca ca will therefore be stuck to.