PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 20:43
woodcoc2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoa..

poor chap just asked a question.. yeah ok was a bit naive but...

look; the fella is 20 years old.. He has just come out of school and so any organization with the word "school" or "college" in it; he is going to assume that they have his best interests at heart. Besides; before we all started in this industry how many aviation contacts did we all have to put us straight?? How many questions on pprune have you seen answered completely differently (sometimes even by the same person!!) so how would you know who to trust. I know this was sort of the situation i was in; started training a year after 9/11. Sod all jobs at the time (working now though)..

The trouble is the people who know better are all in the industry; and the people who should know better (FTO'S) have an interest in saying things are great. When is the last time you have heard an FTO say "actually no; now is not the time to train"? It is frustrating to see newbies come in to find all their expectations dashed but until the FTO's start telling something approaching the truth then this will continue.