PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2009, 11:15
pulse1

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Beagle, your frustration is quite understandable.

Only a few pages ago I posted an extract from the testimony of Witness A given to the HoL.

852. You heard the question that was put to Squadron Leader Morgan by me. I repeated to him the one question that was put to him by the Board, "what unforeseen malfunctions have occurred on the Chinook Mark II since its introduction?" He listed a number of things in his answer, which were not, at least on the record, pursued. Just so that we understand the flavour of it, how much were these matters the subject of discussion at the time amongst helicopter pilots, these various problems that were apparently manifesting themselves and the problems at Boscombe Down?

A. They occupied our minds to a great degree, my Lord, crew room talk was of little else at the time. The crews felt extremely uneasy about the way the aircraft had been introduced into service. This perception was reinforced by the lack of information contained in the aircrew manual, the poor state of repair of the flight reference cards and such like as well.
(my bold)

And yet, we now see that cazatou accuses chugalug2 of being psychic or just repeating Pprune rumours when he quotes what Witness A said, not on Pprune, to the FAI and HoL.

That is the disgraceful level of the man's argument. Perhaps he should become a politician. He certainly has the ego to go with it.