PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurora Project
Thread: Aurora Project
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2009, 20:32
Skyfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you not have anything better to do than criticise every detail of everyone elses posts (and PM them into the bargain, just to make sure they get the point - HEATHROW DIRECTOR)

Did I claim to have seen it myself - please read it again. Do I claim to be an expert in any form of aviation - er, no because I'm not.

The incident in question occured at an airshow ( I BELIEVE sometime in the early to mid 70's just after I was born, sadly I didn't make a note of the details) when the aircraft in question was not due to appear but in fact diverted from other business to give people a bit of a show.

It had APPARENTLY come from some distance at one hell of a rate of knots en-route and passed over the airfield, thus the 'approach' I refer to was not an approach to the airfield but an approach to the show, before exiting very soon after (very convenient, yes, but also true). I ommited absolute specifics as it was purely an illustration of some of the stranger aspects of aviation and the potential for 'mythology' therein, NOT a claim to have witnessed the event.