PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 20th Jul 2009, 07:16
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts
Sorry the replies have been quite brutal but that is the way things go on discussion forums when genuine people post questions that are somewhat troll like.

Comfort yourself that at least you've heard the unvarnished unspun truth about your situation post-training. And its cost 'nowt which in aviation is unusual.

Many people who have replied will share my frustration that so many people continue to hurl themselves into very expensive flying training with little to no prospect of finding work at the end of it. That frustration is not your fault and we shouldn't have a go at you because of it.

Nevertheless you popped up and presented yourself as a poster boy for the Wannabe Zombie Army and got shot at as a result. Every poster on this thread shares my thoughts of support and sympathy for your situation I am sure. More than likely each one has undergone the trials and risks of the path you now walk down. We know how fraught it is. We're just cross that whilst we chanced it in daylight you chose to walk the path in the early hours of the morning. With the wolves crying in the distance. In your flip flops. Wearing red.

We don't want to see you get eaten but we're a bit cross you've taken such a gamble.

Good luck,