PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates A345 Tail Strike Captain breaks his silence
Old 18th Jul 2009, 10:33
Air Tourer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's next?

I have some questions. What exactly are the 4 checks that should have been done to stop this incident.

Posters like Al E. Vator go on (maybe rightly so), but are short on what to do about it. What is a 21st. Century admonishment? Is the crew given a desk job? Will pax fly with them again after the facts are known.? (If ever.) What new hours are suggested, and if crews get say a week of in MEL (or whatever) what guarentee they will even then get enough sleep?
Too tired to know how tired they are? Been there done that. . . But they apparently functiond well enough after T.O.

The F.O. apparently made the error initially. How much sleep did he get?
Are the voice recorders going during the pre flight when the error sans xchecks were going on?
Did the 2nd crew have any roll to play, or were they perhaps a major disruption with non-op comments etc. (Or vica versa even).

Poor confused me. One top pilot on A.net tells me he has no idea of what runway length is left, (or gone), yet one on AvHerald who abandoned TO at well after Vr and stopped in time, tells that he knew exactly what runway he had left.

So what does Al E. Vator suggest with EM. Pilot boycott? Pax boycott?
Why complain about other Pilot's criticizing the crews here? It's only a chat forum not a court. Why say EM is sweeping it under the carpet, when the sacked pilots are now free to say what they like?
(To be seen to be doing something more like.)

Me? I don't know, but depending too much on computers? Almost like having a God like chief pilot on board running things. What could go wrong?