PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pel Air vs RFDS for the Air Ambulance contract in Australia
Old 17th Jul 2009, 05:01
compressor stall

Received 139 Likes on 63 Posts
CLX,

PC12 engine out performance has nothing to do with trying to explain the difference between B200 and B350 certification.

If your comment "Pprune experts seem to bag the old technology B200 and its poor single engine climb performance" was directed at me then:

1. thanks for calling me an expert
2. I am not bagging the B200. I used to happily fly them. (As I used to happily fly a PC12). However no matter what training you got, no matter how much of a top gun you are, you cannot go past the fact that a B200 can operate out of strips that leave it with nowhere to go or stop in case of an engine failure. This is legal and happens.

I have never said that the B200 is unsafe. However the B350 is more safe due to its certification criteria. What is the safest thing? Well not flying of course.

Is the B200 safe for the operation? My opinion is yes. Does the government have the right to demand a FAR23 certificated aircraft? Yes it does.