PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pel Air vs RFDS for the Air Ambulance contract in Australia
Old 17th Jul 2009, 03:54
CharlieLimaX-Ray

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
So what is the climb performance in PC-12 like with an engine failure after take-off?

If the PC-12 is so good, why then do the NSW, Victorian and Tasmanian governments all require a multi-engine turboprop for their air ambulance contracts? Their consultants must be aware of the advantages of the PC-12 but for some reason don't put it up a viable option to the various state governments, I wonder why?

Nice for the RFDS boys that choose to fly the PC-12 to tow the company line.

Plenty of Pprune experts seem to bag the old technology B200 and its poor single engine climb performance. Get a B200 maunual and you will see that it still has a reasonable climb figure after t/o of around 500 fpm at MTOW provided you fly it right like any twin engine aircraft. Fortnutely for me I did my B200 endorsement many years ago with Flight Safety in the USA, so plenty of EFATO etc. Not like a lot of you guys who get the good old Ozzie GA B200 endorsement with some expert who knows 3/10 ths of sweet FA about the aeroplane etc.

A few years back talking to a guy who was consulting to a state health department his personal belief was that a two crew Cessna Citation certified to FAR23, pilots sent to Flight Safety every twelve months, was the only thing that he would actually recommend as it ticked all the boxes and didn't leave him or the agency exposed to legal action in case of an accident.