PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryan Air Telephone Interview
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2009, 21:00
Allioth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Flames24,
I perfectly understand your point...
I finished my CPL/ME/IR just a month and a half ago... Asked to OAA Stockholm if, doing my MCC with them would have guaranteed me an interview with Ryanair, they said YES... Done the MCC, right after coming back to UK, got an email saying: now, chances of getting an interview are down to 20%, and waiting time to get an offer for an interview are about 7 weeks... Now... Does this give you any plus, having done things with Ryanair's official training for MCC? I'm still waiting...
I inderstand your "low hours" situation, as it's mine as well... But think of this: RYR is probably the only one now recruiting low hours pilots. They prefere us because they can get a lot of money from our TR, and the excuse of the first 6 months low money contract while you're on line training... Having said this, I personally don't think it's a bad choice. Ok, the management may squeeze you until you're at 900 hours a year, and they don't treat you with a lot of respect (that's what they say)... But you get very intresting flying with them! Loads of NDBs, circlings, etc... And you get your captain offer after just three years in the company! Where on earth can you get that? BA lets you smell the left seat after 15 years!!
Anyway... I'm getting far from the thread now...
Go for it if you can... I know 30k are a lot of money, if you don't have them, than find a non flying job, get hired permanently, and ask for a loan!
Besides, don't stay at home doing nothing, because inactivity is not very well seen in ANY job. Get something, anything, as I am doing... And meanwhile, look around.
Good luck, my friend... We'll need it both of us, and so will another big bunch of pilots...