PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryan Air Telephone Interview
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2009, 18:06
Rhodes13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
National as in QF and thanks for the assumptions I see its a two way street. I was good enough to get offered CX and QF but the recession has put a back burner on that. And why was I offered those jobs, do you think maybe it could have been because I had 737 time, multi crew etc???

I deeply resent that you think the only reason I got a job was for the fact that I paid for it and an apology would be appreciated, or are only those that fly for flag carriers good enough?

Perhaps all the drivers at RYR are crap, better tell the CAA the only reason we got the job is because we paid! Lord knows that no other company has people of questionable skills in it, must only be a RYR thing.

I still maintain RYR is a good place to work, I would value your opinion if you ACTUALLY worked there and didn't comment on the crap that is written on pprune. But hey maybe knowing the facts of the company is a bad thing. Maybe I should tell the Nigels how they should deal with WW or the boys at Virgin how to deal with SRB. I have always said there are many undesirable things about my company but overall its a good place to work.

So lets get this right you think logging PIC time on a 737 earning a decent salary debts paid off and accumulating hours are subjective, who do you think will be better placed when the upturn kicks in? Me or you?

Just a question for you, what would you do if you were the poor soul who had just lost his job, sit it out praying that some fairy would offer you a job, or get into the market again? As they say you gotta be in it to win it. I agree speculating is generally undesirable but if it has a paid job at the end why not, or should we all live on principles that doesn't pay bills.

As to an undesirable places to work, where exactly do you think all the growth in airlines will be in the next decade? Europe with a saturated market and high penetration of airline flying or emerging markets in the 3rd world with growing populations of middles classes. Not being willing to move there is limiting your potential career severely and as a pilot you have to be prepared to move to get work no?

But hey I mustn't know anything as apparently the only reason I fly a 737 is because I paid for it!