PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2009, 22:11
Air_One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In response to a previous question I got posted the following information in a PM.....

Some very good inside / honest information for anyone currently considering spending serious money on a CTC course.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there, I'd prefer to stay anonymous but feel free to post this:

To the best of my knowledge, there are roughly 70-80 cadets in the official hold pool, this includes 15 ATP and 5 Wings cadets who have already done a white-tail A320 type rating. This is set to grow by 14 people a month.

I was told by someone that the ATP guys got to do the TR instead of Wings Cadets because they had been in the Pool for more then a year.

Dropping guys after 12 months would be pretty bad PR for CTC and tragic for cadets. We did sign the contract that stated they could do this though.

easyJet took 70 cadets this year as Flexicrew. Will they need new cadets as well as the current Flexicrew for next summer? Will they even need the FC guys back?!

BA/Thomson won't be hiring for at least 2-3 years.

Not sure about the other airlines, anyone care to comment on the situation at Thomas Cook, Monarch, Jet2, DHL, CityJet, JetStar?

Aer Lingus took guys recently. However they are cutting LH routes and transfering LH pilots to SH so I don't think there's much scope for placement at the moment.

I do think CTC are doing all they can to place people. Like you already said though, they can't force airlines to take us on. There is only so much CTC can do at times like this, the industry at the moment is terrible.

Good luck to everyone, we definitely need it.