PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ireland Air Ambulance
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2009, 12:20
jellywalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holybejaysus, I agree, the charity in the ROI (AIAA) has nothing to do with the charity in the North, Alpha 5 (IAA).

The AIAA has contracted with Bond helicopters, has a chairman, a full board of trustees and is transparent. Three aircraft are forecasted for the whole of Ireland. It’s all on their web-site.

The Alpha 5 (IAA) is riddled with controversy; it’s spent 90% of the publics’ donations on admin and wages. The media are investigating it and people are asking for their money back.

Ireland air ambulance, sorry but me thinks I smell a rat!! Your Aviation Director was a refuse collector; your Ground Director has his wife as a trustee (see audit on IAA web-site) and your Clinical Director is now spokesman. As directors their all paid by the charity, who are appointed by the trustees who decide what they’re paid. Just ask the Ground Directors’ wife.

Fkelly, Air Ambulance is long overdue in Ireland (North and South). It’s a shame that one charity is in the media for all the wrong reasons. Judging by the public support and the amount raised, the people of Northern Ireland are fully behind this service. It’s a shame for the public and us pilots that the IAA (Alpha 5) service will not get off the ground.