PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2009, 18:16
Chugalug2

Received 215 Likes on 68 Posts
bast0n:
My viewpoint is that to me it seems that on the evidence presented so far they made a tragic and simple mistake that resulted in tragedy.
Fair enough, there are many, including those calling for W&D's finding to be dropped that would agree with you. However I would be surprised if whatever 21st century technology is applied that it would show "beyond any doubt whatsoever" the Gross Negligence of the pilots. So I'm glad to know that you would support re-opening this Investigation. The reason that I want the Investigation to be re-opened is because I believe it would uncover, if this time allowed to do so, widespread flouting of the MOD's Airworthiness Regulations in respect to the granting of a limited RTS for the Chinook Mk2. It may further discover that might well have lead directly to this accident, that it was the probable cause. It might not of course, but if the RAF takes this course it needs to ensure that the Investigation is thorough and fair, as of course it should be. The last BoI was not, the ROs' finding was not, and that has put the Royal Air Force into disrepute. A chance then to redeem its honour, and that of two of its deceased JO's as well.