PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2009, 16:45
Fitter2

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts
You stated that Sqn Ldr Burke

"produced evidence to show that UFCM's and Power Interrupts had taken place on more than one occasion"
Q1. Did he produce any evidence that one or both of these had taken place on this particular flight?
I fear that you have failed to heed the dictum 'it is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought an idiot than open ones mouth and prove the matter beyond doubt'.

Q2. On those flights that suffered these occurrences - how many fatal and non fatal casualties were there?
It was his considered and expert view that it was only a matter of time before the combination of circumstances would cause an an accident resulting in fatalities. The Mull event MAY be such an incident; due to the lack of recording equipment there is no proof either way.
Q3. How many of these occurrences were classified as Accidents and how many as Incidents?
Heed your own words and read his evidence

Q4 Does "more than one occasion" mean two or twenty or more?
I refer the reader to my previous answer

Q5 Do we not employ Test Pilots precisely because experience shows that "teething troubles" are to be expected with any new type of aircraft?
Ideally yes. Using operational pilots as effectively test pilots on an aircraft prematurely released to service, and over which professional test pilots had expressed concern in the strongest possible terms is a dereliction of duty of those responsible.