PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2009, 12:01
Chugalug2

Received 221 Likes on 69 Posts
SFFP, BOAC, CGB, dalek, all good posts. Why? Because you have said what you want to, rather than restricting yourselves to the latest demands of caz or JP. I would also commend Cows:
All that is required from the MOD is acknowledgement that this burden of proof was not met. We don't need to shoot off into other directions about PRC112 LZs, breakfasts, met briefs, or little green men. Airworthiness is a valid issue that needs highlighting as it extend across the MOD fleets and ZD576 (like Nimrod and C130) should be used as an example of this systematic failing.
There indeed is the crux of this matter, and not quite how you misquoted it Thor. Indeed I am perplexed by your:
To be honest, I'd be happy enough with that, but I don't think some others will be. My concern (for them), is that closure for the pilots would undermine their quest to see radical changes in regulation, investigation and review.
given that our "quest" is based on the notion that airworthiness provision and enforcement in the UK Military Airfleet by the MOD is utterly compromised. JP disputes that, caz ignores it, but you seem to be indifferent to it. Can that be so? I only ask because that indifference seems to extend far and wide with the exception of those who I mention above and the other "usual suspects". It is surely time for those who post here as professionals to face up to the uncomfortable prospect that their military aircraft, either past or present, lack airworthiness. It was an eyeopener to me that the Hercules fell into that category from introduction in the late 60's (when I flew them) until very recently. It is to correct that deadly threat to our aircrew, their pax, and those over whom they fly that I call for an MAA and MAAIB, ASAP.