PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2009, 08:09
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those that feel that the pilots should be exonerated, on the one hand, and those that think that on the balance of probabilities and the evidence available there was a terrible error made by the crew on that day.
- this is where the problem is occurring. You and others mis-understand. Most of us do NOT think "the pilots should be exonerated" - simply because we do not know, and if we change your line to "that it is possible that there was a terrible error..." you would probably find wide-spread agreement. The simple fact is that for reasons that can only be surmised (albeit with justification) the clearly defined 'Rules' for BoI findings were not adhered to WITHOUT SUPPORTING EVIDENCE. Most of us think we know why.

I do not speak for Brian and the rest of his campaign group, but to me 'Cows' has summed it up neatly in his last paragraph

All that is required from the MOD is acknowledgement that this burden of proof was not met. < > Airworthiness is a valid issue that needs highlighting as it extend across the MOD fleets and ZD576 (like Nimrod and C130) should be used as an example of this systematic failing.

Based on various coroners' reports, enquiry findings and the like, the upper echelons of the military and the government have let us all, and particularly the armed forces, down badly. The above solution would go just a little way to redress this heinous failing. Whether or not this would lead on to a full re-opening of the enquiry is, for me, not an issue. I think there is sufficient evidence elsewhere of mis-management and colusion to prompt a major review of processes.