PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Airways
Thread: Thomson Airways
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2009, 16:54
Sean Dillon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, Envoy320

Your involvement in aviation is what? Spotter? Enthusiast? Your sort of drivel on these pages is pathetic.

it just shows appears as a half hearted effort to the general public
Who on the whole, don't seem as fussed as you! Thankfully!

don't do a half hearted job and confuse the average travelling public....
Who on the whole, seem to be happier about it than you! Thankfully!

......and then that aircraft has , what the press wouuld call, a major incident....(to us something like a go-around or turbulence)....imagine how quickly the passengers views spread.....
Oh do shut up!

Merging 2 companies the size of ThomsonFly and First Choice is not a simple task, there is nothing half-arsed about it and the merger between TCX and MYT didn't include a new FTSE 100 PLC company.

TCX/MYT merger does not include a brand new aircraft type with a whole new product experience yet to be launched - i'd say it was good PR and economically sensible to bring it all together when that time comes. TCX/MYT merger did not include a mixture of types as TOM's does (B757/B767/B733/B738/A320/1) some of which are not remaining in the fleet i.e. B733 but the AOC involved in the TCX/MTY merger included same aircraft types.

Safety is paramount - the two companies had very different cultures and working practices, 2 different HQ's 250 miles apart, surplus staff number in a lot of areas, all of which effect peoples livelyhoods...I could go on...painting the aircraft all one colour and the expense involved...tough titties, it can wait.

then Britannia should be the name painted on the sides.....of EVERY aircraft....
Get over it - it's just like those Envoy 320's - or the Envoy B757's if you include FJE, it's in the past...