PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2009, 03:52
Flyinheavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Criticism about young pilots

Some of the postings here suggest that todays pilots are less proficient than they used to be. I would belive you should avoid generalizations like this. Looking at some accident reports of 1970 till 1990 you would find a lot of fuel to sustain your fire.

You might very well find that pilots training needs to be revised. I remember the quotation "...everybody can fly it, even the woman cleaning my office". He was talking of A330 and everybody in aviation should know to whom I am referring.

Somehow, talking of my oppinion, this philosophy made its way into the Cies in the quest to reducing costs wherever possible. I have no idea, if handflying the a/c at optimum FL under "Alternate Law" is part of Sim-training at AF, much less so with partial panel.

Consequently I would presume, even IF the pilots would be found 'responsible' for the loss of control, they would not have had a real chance without the proper training.

Remember, You do the drill in the Sim, so that you already have the proper answer ready for most of the abnormals that could happen inflight. If it was this what happened. Some interresting documents seemingly by AB/AF dealing with Unreliable IAS as of last year, at this site:

http://forfaiture.freeservers.com./

If true, why didn't they change the pitots earlier, we are talking now of two years of related problems and more than 30 cases.......

For the Top Guns here I have about 7k Landings, about 14 Autolandings (some Trng, some CAT3), the rest by hand, of course.

Awaiting the heat........