PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers asked to balance plane
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2009, 08:34
JayPee28bpr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gosh, all those stupid passengers hey? Worried about a plane that had produced the worst flight of their lives per passengers on the incoming trip, with a dodgy door per the airline. It appears that when asked a perfectly reasonable question (in light of the rough trip over), namely could the door come open at altitude, the pilot simply turned round and went back to the flight deck without answering. Not exactly reassuring that, is it?

For those of you who claim to be pilots (I have my doubts frankly) and display such contempt for your passengers, let me set out a few facts for you to ponder:
  1. Most passengers are nervous flyers to some degree
  2. There has recently been a crash, as yet unexplained, but which we know involved flying through bad weather/turbulence
  3. The airline appears to have done nothing to break the link (in the passengers' minds) between the rough inward flight and the problem door
Putting everything together, if you want all nervous passengers to stop flying because we're such an inconvenience, and really not from the kind of social class with which you wish to associate, just ponder for a moment what impact that might have on your employers' passenger numbers. Then ponder on how many pilots your employers would need in such a case, and whether you'd be one of the lucky few to still have a job.

Finally, I note how many pilots like to come on here and whinge about the lack of respect that people such as Michael O'Leary display towards them. Please tell me why you think people like MOL should have any respect for you and your profession when you have such little regard for the people who generate your pay.