PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2009, 14:12
pulse1

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
You need to go back a long, long way
Caz,

I can only go back to the days of the original Chinook thread, when you called yourself K52. I came into it with a very open mind and tried to understand the arguments between you, tandemrotor, Ark Royal, Brian and many others.

Since then, you and JP have been consistent in two things:

1. Your ongoing support for the conclusions drawn by the ROs, and

2. Your failure to address awkward questions posed by me and many others because it appears that the answer would weaken your position.

(But, please remember that weakening your position does not say that you are wrong, just that there might be room for doubt.)

You obviously have access to much more BoI information than is available to most of us but it has now been shown that you have tried to distort the truth by selective use of that information. Your attempts to convince us that Tapper played no part in flight planning has now been shown up to be totally false by tucumseh who was able to quote other parts of the same records, and you have not challenged his quotes from the BoI.

I am afraid that all you have achieved is to increase any doubts I had about the RO verdicts. What is much more important is that you have also succeeded in provoking a few more knowledgable folk to join the discussion. As a result, the full horror of the poor airworthiness of this aircraft has become more widely known and understood. In particular it shows why anyone with any responsibility for that aircraft being used that day, would prefer to take the option which made those issues irrelevant.

Does that include you or JP?