PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career changes for ex Cabin crew?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2009, 07:54
bartygwailo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Life after flying

I worked as crew for six years and have now been working in recruitment for two years. I use my language skills, meet people daily from all over the world and visit clients out and about. It is quite hard work which I sometimes find stressful, but it keeps me on my toes and I love being able to spend time with family and friends on the weekend and in the evenings. I also feel much more confident as a member of society. Whilst I am gushing about it all, I have also found it marvelous to be able to pursue other interests and I am currently studying at college part time and attending a dance school. Things that would have been much harder to fit into my flying schedule. I loved travelling and the fun of flying and I certainly miss the discounted travel, (but I don't miss standing by with a kid in tow!) I am so happy that I flew and it has given me so many great memories, but now I feel a lot more secure, mentally as well as financially and if for some reason i want to change job or lose my current job, I won't have to start from the very bottom again. When I was looking for work I felt like I couldn't do anything in the "normal" world and got so depressed. My self esteem was very low. But you can do it. We all can. And we have great skills that can help in a lot of different situations. Good luck and go for it! x