PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2009, 13:36
cazatou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AA

I will merely quote Mr Ellacott who, with his Brother-in-Law, was looking for WW 2 aircraft crash sites:

"I then heard the sound of a propellor going around for about four or five seconds and then I heard an explosion...Visibility at this time was only about nine or ten feet maximum." "It was difficult to say how far I was from the point of the explosion, but I don't think I could have been any more than 100 yards."

The 2 Lighthouse Keepers were also qualified Met Observers; their evidence was:

Mr Murchie: "I would estimate the visibility at this stage to be 15 to 20 metres at the most".

Mr Lamont: " the visibility as I drove over the hill from Campbelltown to the lighthouse, was down to only 10 metres or less ...I suddenly heard the sound of a helicopter directly behind me, so close, I thought it was going to hit me, although I never saw it."

All 10 of the eyewitnesses on the Mull reported the weather to be generally very foggy and very bad. These witnesses were at various points on the Mull and at various altitudes above Sea Level.

PS. Did you check with the DT that such a letter was actually printed? Or did you just accept it at face value?

Last edited by cazatou; 15th Jun 2009 at 15:14.