View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2009, 04:37
Captain-Crunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crossbleed said:
Shocking
Maybe they've had a gutfull, CC.
Yeah, maybe you're right CB!

We have been pretty hard on their airplane, and most of us have no clue how it actually works. As a matter of fact, some of the guys I flew with on the original glass bus had no clue how it worked!!! New checklist and procedures would come out every six months, and we had to re-learn everything all over again.... This went on for seven years. But to the guys who memorized the architecture of the systems things were not so mysterious.

Late model glass is extremely complicated and the only way I know to coax the real experts to come out and play is to float trial balloons and see if they get shot down or not.

TWO major corrections to my posts. "Selfin" has pointed out that I'm wrong about the toliets. It was this flight and the date rolled over.... duh... and it was a 06 flight code.... me sorry, Thanks Selfin.

Secondly, the last SITA(acars) position is theoretical at this point. I guess it came from Tim's extrapolation of the last positive position at 0133z. However the last 0214z SITA Sat transmission (not AF) must have a lat/long in the original uplink code or it wouldn't exist.

Also, I noticed, there were big ships hanging out at those coordinates for several days after the accident, ships

so maybe we're not the only ones who think that's the likely spot. What we need is a French TV screenshot of the SITA(acars) report to AOC, about turbulence claimed to have been sent by Air France PR at 0200utc and a SITA trans position at 0214. Dam things encripted, so we're going to need a hacker or a leak

CC - going back to the blue room, you got it.

Last edited by Captain-Crunch; 11th Jun 2009 at 07:11. Reason: changed from most to some I flew with