PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2009, 20:27
vapilot2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BOAC
While we wait (hopefully) for the FDR/CVR is it possible for someone ?!WHO KNOWS!? to summarise what can be deduced from the 24 ACARS messages we have seen?
Much earlier in this thread I have with the help of a retired A330 engineer posted the following decoded maintenance computer ACARS messages:

The PFD flag at 210Z was an "airspeed limit" warning (error code 2283)

The PFD flag at 211Z was a "flight path vector" warning (error code 3412)

The above from my post 6 Jun here.

Two more required expert interpretation as they can have multiple meanings:

The Rudder TRV Lim Fault at 210Z (code 2723) is a reported fault by the flight control primary/secondary computers and is probably related to the loss of ADIRU air data. This is not solid, but likely and is also a known and expected fault message as any other failure of the rudder limiter would have been followed by additional failure or warning messages.

I have mentioned this before on this thread and discounted "Daryl's" Honeywell 'expert' interpretation of this message.

The 214Z advisory warning (code 2131) could have been one of the following:

Cabin Vertical Speed, Cabin Altitude, Differential Pressure or cabin pressure controller data loss (lack of pressure info, TAT or mach data from the ADIRUs). When there is a loss of ADIRU air data, the cabin pressure controllers will pass the same code without extensions. The first two advisory messages (vs and Cab Alt) would be accompanied by other faults so this is most likely to have been a warning about the Delta P (descent rate being too high) or a general cabin pressure controller fault. Again not solid, but the last two ACARS received code interpretations are the most likely scenarios.

Finally, the least glamorous 2245Z maintenance status (code 3831) message is related to the vacuum system controller for the toilets. This could be a potable water or waste tank level, tank differential pressure, or general toilet (unassigned) fault.