Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2009, 14:34
ELAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@MLT

1) No.

2) No.

3) Anything is possible, but is it probable, no.

As a general note on this thread, despite having flown the A330 for 11 years and FBW Airbuses for 16 years, there are, for me, too few established facts to make for anything other than completely uninformed speculation so far. Hence, I and many of the other frequent contributors to Airbus related threads have withheld most comment.

Most of what your reading here has been generated by those who don't know the aircraft and has more to do with the pet theories of the uninformed/unaware and the usual cranks riding their favourite hobbyhorses than it does with any practical discussion of the A330's systems or operating procedures. How about, before choosing to post each of us asks whether we have sufficient knowledge of either the aircraft or the circumstances to make a meaningful contribution to the thread? If not, and if it's an idle curiosity question based on what you don't know, then don't post.

If I read another contribution that states that the pilots must have been flying too high into "coffin corner" for their weight, or that the automatics must have all "failed" at the critical moment leaving the pilots incapable of controlling the aircraft, or that the aircraft was incapable of being controlled I swear I'll chuck my cookies. There's no information to support any of these premises (unless coffin corner is now more than 50 kts wide) or most of the other theories that have been suggested. When real facts become available let's discuss them based on knowledge of the aircraft and of the conditions our colleagues faced. Till then let's give the meteor/bomb/over-controlled rudder/all automatics lost rendering aircraft impossible to control posts a rest.

ELAC