PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blink
Thread: Blink
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2009, 10:18
Highflight420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flintstone,

You have my unreserved apology I wasn't having a go at you in particular, you will probably appreciate my drift as regards negative comments though.

As to those of you who have sent in e-mail applications I will pass on your comments about not getting replies or at least not receiving an auto reply.

Blink have had many pilot applications as you might expect and with only a small team as yet, working through them takes time.

As it happens the IT department consists of one man but he is amongst the very best at what he does.

I have been in this business for over 30 years and have sent hundreds of applications over those years with very often no response, my first reaction was not to slag off the company though and make comments about how they treat their staff etc etc. As it happens it is by all accounts a very happy company to work for, peopled by staff who respect one another whatever their role.

Show a bit of initiative and find another way of getting your cv on the right persons desk or at least make your cv stand out. In my expereince the presentation and standard of English in some of these cv's has left a lot to be desired, it's important so get it right and put a little effort into the presentation.