PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Cabin Crew Service Desk Closed
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2009, 08:26
blurter8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could not agree more!

Qantas pilots ,are in my humble opinion, the best trained in the world. Competent, outstanding under pressure and supported by a gifted group of equally talented engineers and technical staff. I put my life literally in your hands whenever i fly and your abilities i thank and so to do the members of my family.
I have always respected the position however that same respect is not afforded to the man or woman that occupies that position.
Please bring in the completely lockable, airtight (to an extent) bullet proof and totally indestructible Cockpit door and do it quick.
Talks with "Igloo" "Willow" "Thermos" and perhaps that standout brand "rubbermaid" should be undertaken as a matter of priority. The brief, design a food and beverage container for hot and cold food. Equipped with tamper proof lock accessible only by the operating captain so that the chance of food contamination and possible pilot incapacitation through a major screaming gazzo attack is all but impossible.
Qantas has arranged separate transport in several ports and in some cases even alternate accommodation. This should be supported and introduced the network over.
Colleagues, it has become blatantly obvious from the numerous posts throughout this forum that Pilots and Flight Attendants never the twain shall meet. I will always maintain professionalism onboard the Aircraft and i encourage you to all do the same, all our arses depend on that.
In over two decades of flying i have never had my handshake shunned by a uniformed member of the same company, how much could i have upset someone from walking onto a bus and getting to the front seats and having that happen.
I have read this forum for a lengthy amount of time and gleaned important info at times, sad that i find it necessary, even if only for myself, to post only this.
Fartbags, you are a prick of the highest order. Ill make sure i dont slam the door on the way out.