View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2009, 21:43
h3dxb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gents

original AMM

In operation the transmitter sends:
-
A swept-tone-modulated homing-signal simultaneously on frequencies 121.5 MHz (Civil) and 243 MHz (Military).

-
If a 406MHz transmitter is installed, a signal on frequency 406 MHz to the COSPAS-SARSAT satellite system.

The satellite system transmits the 406 MHz distress signal to a Local User Terminal (LUT), when the LUT is in range. The LUT receiving range is a radius of approximately 2,500 km (1367.00 NM). When the LUT is not in receiving range, the satellite system stores the distress signal until transmission is possible. The LUT automatically processes the signal to identify and show the position of the aircraft to a radius of approximately 1.8 km (5900.00 ft.). The processed data is transmitted to a Mission Control Center (MCC). The MCC sends the data to an applicable Rescue Coordination Center (RCC), where Search And Rescue (SAR) operations are started. The 121.5 MHz and 243 MHz signals are used to find the aircraft in the final stage of SAR operation.

So and now someone explain me pls how UHF radio waves are working in water ?? High frequenced get absorbed, so thats why subs used LW or had to get an antenna to the surface.

I dont know how cold it is 2 miles deep, but those batteries wont be lasting to the upper limit of battery life Iwould imagine...
like I remember from school (long time ago) water temp on highest density 2 deg C (39 deg F)