PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pig flu and an economic crisis...
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2009, 08:33
heads_down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hysteria or not

Under the extra powers granted by the NSW government, Dr Kerry Chant can order anyone who has been in contact with a suspected case and has ignored advice to voluntarily quarantine themselves to stay isolated for up to 14 days.
NSW police can assist in compliance on request from Dr Chant

So if your team manager, like they often do, hurry you back to work or gives you 40 questions after you had flu symptoms after a trip from the list of 44 countries.

I think it would be wise to contact the The NSW chief health officer and use the powers of the law to compel your incompetent team manager who is ever watchful of your sick leaves and those pesky phone calls and even letters disguise as "I so care for your health" bull **** to obey the law or shut up, oh wait a minute didn't Qantas committed a criminal offense not so long ago? breaking the law is second nature for Qantas. So your team managers might even challenge medical experts, which would not be the first time, there has been a precedent of a crew that was dismissed over sick leave and reinstated a year later after it was challenged legally.

All flu symptoms should be taken seriously as both you and your medically qualified team manager cannot make a diagnosis but previous experiences and documented cases have shown they will attempt to make diagnosis, give medical advise, even decide if it is severe enough to warrant time off from work.

Imagine crews all having to take 14 days sick leave as ordered by the laws, I wonder how Qantas would deal with this. Also, as a flight attendant, coming into contact with so many people in high risk countries, I think the chances of catching it is not entirely wild imagination, given Qantas disallow the use of gloves and face mask as it is a rip off so called 'premium' airlines that none of the top airlines of the world want to emulate.

Last edited by heads_down; 30th May 2009 at 09:07.