PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career changes for ex Cabin crew?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2009, 19:20
mooguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all your diverse repsonses!

Very interesting to read stories from all your aspects, especially what both Hgh-Heeled FA and VS had to say.

I relate very much to Vs story. There's a time when it gets in your blood, you just pine to fly again, thena after some temp VIP contract you are all over it once more.......what's with us? Despite it's lucrativity, flying is a very de-stabilising job......more so for women. Relationships flounder, nothing is secure, yet it sure beats working in an office!

I really cannot imagine being a shop room assistant. Even in Harrods! I worked in an expensive shoe-shop on Oxford st in London as a youngster, and walked out on my lunch break.....I felt I would murder someone!

I think you are correct VS......this company in London is interested in younger ex hosties......nah.....not gonna bother pursuing that one. I could do without the indignity!

I'm currently applying to all the major Travel agancies, I am worried there exists the invisible age barrier, and I certainly know how to dumb down my cv...........apparantly they are all in "freeze" mode now........so one just sends one's cv in and hopes for the best....wish me luck and again

Thank you all very much for your varied stories and ideas