PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avgas Prices in Europe
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2009, 19:11
Squall79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVGAS in Turkey

Hi there IO540, I am a student pilot in Istanbul. Turkey, and my flight school operates planes from LTBA, Atatürk, to Corlu LTBU, where we do our training flight and pattern trainings.

The price should be corrupt I think, because avgas sale in Sabiha (LTFJ) is done by the only aero club in Turkey,İstanbul Havacılık Kulübü and I know the price for their members's planes is 3.60 USD per liter. However, there should not be that much price difference tbw members and non members.

I happened asked the price in Corlu last week,and they said the price was 2.60 USD per liter for owners, and as a special incentive to flight schools granted by the national aivation authority,SHGM to aid them during the financial crisis, is 1.60 uSD per liter for schools.

Let' s keep in touch through this forum and I will try to talk to people, and get a price quote ,and possibly find the lowest price for your arrival so you willl not have any nasty surprises,and also aid you with the planned arrival aerodrome in Turkey.