PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No EK profit share
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:59
IdleRetard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's take a closer look at the letter from the chairman, shall we...
A crippling year, by any definition, that tested the Emirates Group to its very limits.... others have been swept away in the maelstrom, the Emirates Group has survived it - but only just.... we have returned a net profit of AED 1.49 billion (US$406 million),
If it was the very limits, I'd expect to say a break-even result. US$406M is not a bad result for such a bad year, especially considering last year the profit was a billion.
70 per cent below the group profit share target of AED 5 billion!
You poor, greedy sods. Target????? The very thought of a "profit share target" dangled by the perfumed princes and eagerly eyed all year round by the minions sickens me. Keep your "profit share", just give me the 3% you promised me when I joined and stop "fiddling" with the current rates just because you don't feel like paying it.
As your Chairman and colleague, I share your disappointment in not being able to enjoy a bonus this year...
No, you don't. Please don't piss in our pockets. You don't share ANYthing about this years bad result except the news. And even that was weeks late while you fiddled with the books and decided which "appearance" to portray tous and the world.
I would like you to consider this: we have managed to retain everyone, while others are slashing staff numbers;
Everyone else pays the going rate. EK pays the vast majority of their Dubai-based staff PEANUTS. I'm referring to the cleaners, caterers, check-in staff, low-to-mid-level office desk-jockeys, etc. EK also somehow makes do with less of the staff other airlines somehow seem to require. Let's not even start with the licenced engineers, for example. So of course you can afford to keep people on while other airlines retrench.
we have dramatically increased travel benefits for you and your extended family;
Is this the ONE extra ID90 subload ticket per family member, per year? Doesn't that money go directly to EK's coffers anyway? So it's good for you, isn't it? Does it cost EK ANYthing???? Then why hold this as some sort of world-shaking initiative?? Is that your definition of "dramatically"?
we continue to invest in training
After all the hatchet-work in flight training over the rcent years - a single extra day of SEP. But of course, the references are never to Flight Ops, the ugly side of the airline which we all wish EK could do without.
above all, we have not reduced the quality of our award-winning services,
Isn't there a plan afoot to remove the L1 from the crew? Does his qualify as a reduction?
Departments across the group are working hard to counter the economic crisis. Several have cost-saving measures firmly in place and projects across the organisation are being thoroughly scrutinised.
We are all too familiar with the cost-cutters. Once again, please don't insult our intelligence with this Ed-style polishing of a turd.
The Unpaid Leave policy offers you the opportunity to take up interests or academics and fulfil plans that you probably could not pursue during your annual leave.
A month of unpaid leave?? Yeah, baby, let's all go do one of those Emirates College bull**** MBAs!
What does tomorrow hold for the Emirates Group?................I believe 2009-2010 will be a year of satisfactory growth for the Emirates Group. Our plans remain on track. We do not intend to slow down, but will forge ahead......
Sounds to me like things aren't that bad. Growth when everyone else is collapsing = no profit share and the contract being thrown out (3%).

Imagine..... just IMAGINE, people, what it'll be like if they should ever make a LOSS.
We will be taking delivery of 18 new Boeing 777s and A380s this year, representing a 19.6 per cent increase in capacity measured in available tonne kilometres. This growth in capacity will bring a fresh set of challenges to the group.
And who will be flying them, since pilot recruitment has fallen off to less than 50 for the year? Oh yes, that's right..... WE WILL. For no extra thanks to the adjusted overtime rates.
It is imperative that we all work together as one unit, with all hands on deck.
Boss, some people have had this outlook for many years before coming here to Emirates. The common theme seems to be the slow erosion of team-mindedness and the pro-company outlook, subsequent to arrival in the Middle East, all thanks to the actions and policies of your management.
Dnata, .........has not just achieved a 22 per cent increase in revenue last year, but has also ramped up its focus on quality, service and safety standards.
I 'd be pleased if they would simply answer their f***ing radio on the first or second call, for once.
I have to say though that our bullish business plans stem from my confidence in each one of you. I'm often asked by media to pick the best asset of the Emirates Group from a list of aircraft, facilities and products. My answer has always been 'the incredible people of the Emirates Group'.
Speechless.
We need to build a win-win partnership where your loyalty, hard work and creativity are rewarded by the organisation's stability, security and progress, and when the profit share targets are met, with a bonus! Your drive and enthusiasm convinces me that we will emerge from this downturn stronger, fitter and in fine fettle for many more profitable years ahead.
You had a win-win partnership in every pilot I know who has come here. It was thrown away by your short-term outlook British management years ago.
And as for the profit share bonus target for next year, to be honest, given the ambiguity and the turmoil in our markets worldwide, it is difficult to compute those numbers just yet. Let the world economy stabilise and we will be in a better position to review and arrive at a target.
Honest? Honest????? Sorry but I've found my definition of "honesty" and the Arab definition seem to vary wildly. We all know how things work around here and why it has been so difficult to compute the last year's performance. The only thing worse than the financial impact is the slap in the face by having our intelligence insulted in the same breath.

No disrespect at all to the chairman who in all likelihood didn't even write any of the above but if there's somehow one thing worse than being lied to, bull****ted, penny-pinched, having my contract unilaterally adjusted and on top of it all having my job threatened by my spineless management should I make a mistake....... it's being treated as if I'm a fu.c.king idiot on top of it all.