PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 19th May 2009, 21:02
flying_hamster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey..

I got straight A-s in Maths and English, and B in physics..

however, i didnt do my KCSE..i had opted for the GCE..my mean grade was B, however..

you guys think that might have made a difference?

shoot, i missed on the updating of the results. i decided to pursue a masters degree since, to buy some time before applying..i called the HR department at KQ, and was lucky to get through to a nice guy, who told me that my results were apparently not attached when my application was sent for consideration, and apparently this has happened to alot of people..not sure why they'd do that though?

*ponders*

I'm still wondering though, why my online application says "active application"..any clue on that? seeing that i'm away from home at the moment, i sent them emails, but no reply..

any other means to get through to them?

on the other hand, anyone know when the next recruitment drive is going to happen?

i really want to fly for the national carrier..i would be such a sense of pride for me!

alternatively, i've looked at acquiring a CPL privately..i may have been misjudged, but Flight Training Adelaide is actually reasonably cheap compared to Kenyan Aviation schools, plus, the license is recognised in many more countries..so, hopefully, KQ can step in after i've completed my PPL somewhere, seeing as they have advertised for posts for PPL holders on their careers website..