PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Performance
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2009, 22:08
seejonfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Thanks for the feedback!

Based on prior experience thought it best to start simple. Please don't think I mean any disrespect or don't believe there are some really knowlegable folks on here (friend who recommended this forum to me is one of the sharpest guys around). I'll come up with some more challenging questions over the next few days. If anyone else would like to contribute some questions please do!

Here's a quick few:

11-Why might take-off performance be better from a wet runway than a dry one with all other conditions and the aircraft unchanged?
A) It can't be, performance from a dry runway is always better you ninny !
B) "Wet" conditions change the screen height from 35 feet to 15 feet.
C) "Wet" conditions can allow credit for the use of reverse thrust.
D) B & C.

12-The take-off performance data associated with an engine failure derived during certification testing are based upon?
A) An engine failure at V1.
B) An engine failure at V1-5 knots.
C) The aircraft remaining within 35 feet of the centerline.
D) A & C.

13-A given aircraft aircraft is certified under several different regulatory schemes (i.e. FAR, TC, EASA, and CAA-UK) with no changes to equipment. Its performance will be exactly the same except for minor differences caused by conversion to different units of measure (knots to Km/hr, KG to LBS, etc.)?
A) True
B) False

14-Your company owns and operates three identical aircraft (even the empty weights are the same...a miracle for the purpose of this question). One of the aircraft has a different AFM (Aircraft Flight Manual aka Approved Flight Manual) and higher take-off and landing weights (including maximum structural take-off and landing weights). Can this be correct?
A) True
B) False

15-Briefly explain why your answer to 14 is correct. I'll provide my answer Monday when I post answers to the existing questions and also a few more complicated questions.

Best to all,

Jon