PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 15th May 2009, 10:38
aspiringpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment

Hi guys,

I'm currently going through the Kenya Airways AB initio pilot recruitment process, I just want to document what I've seen over the past two months for posterity. The whole process is really rigorous and only people who meet the benchmarks for each stage move to the next one. Its ridiculously competitive, over 300 people start the interview process.

I applied for the program on their website in November 2008(deadline was 31 December 2008) and got an automated response that the application had been recieved. The basic requirements were that one has to be a Kenyan citizen and one has to have scored B+ and above in Math, Physics and English in KCSE and got an aggregate of B+ and above as well.

In April 2009 I recieved an email inviting me for an interview at their headquaters in Nairobi. The first interview was an Aptitude test conducted by the Kenya Air Force at their Embakassi Barracks. It consisted of the following sections
1. Math
2. Shape Matching
3. Mechanical Reasoning
4. Instrumentation
5. General Science

There were about 300 people for the first interview. 3 weeks later, 108 of us were invited for the next interview which was a psychometric / aptitude test called Morrisby Profile. google it to find out more about it.

This week, 57 of us did a medical. They basically checked everything you can think of, height, weight, blood, stool, urine, Chest Xray, ECG, hearing test, eye test and a physical by a Kenya Airways Doctor then another by the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority doctor. Some people were referred to Karen Hospital for further tests.

Next up, a psychomotor test and an oral interview with the captains. I don't know how many guys will be picked, I doubt the number is more than 15. Anyone in the know about this??? How is the psychomotor test conducted?