PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The VC 10
Thread: The VC 10
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2009, 09:18
Tercarley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VC10

I seem to remember that there used to be graffiti on the flight deck something like "put Guthrie in Khartoum" cos it was him that was responsible for badmouthing the VC10.

By the way if you want to hear and see that marvellous a/craft just get near Brize Norton. I was there about a month ago in a village close by and the sight and the sound of the VC10 made me wish I was up there poling the plane round the sky.

I had an incident near Beirut when my first officer said to me what are those spiralling things coming up towards us!!! We then realised that they were SAM heat seeking missiles being fired at 2 Israeli Phantoms and there we were with these 4 rear mounted engines ready to be heat seeked. It took a bit of a manouevre to get away, and when I spoke to the Station Officer in Beirut about it when we landed he told me it weas quite normal in fact one came across the airfield yesterday. I phoned BALPA as soon as we landed in London and they got the company to cease ops to Beirut. Another good reason to keep looking out of the front/side of the flight deck windows!!!!!!!